Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Sick

Is everyone on this island sick???

I don't know what it is about this place, but people are always sick!

Colds, viruses, bronchitis, pneumonia!!!

I've met four people here in the last couple of weeks who have recently been diagnosed with pneumonia! That's more than I've known in my entire life!

I had pneumonia last summer and it hit me like a ton of bricks... Out of nowhere. I went from perfectly fine when I went to bed one night to full-blown pneumonia the next morning. I was out of commission for 3 weeks with a 104 degree fever that wouldn't budge, coughing, and sweating like there was no tomorrow. It was miserable.

Thing 2 has been home from school for 2 days with this sore throat and tummy ache.

I just pray I'm not next... though the headache I've had has been getting a little worse and my throat is a little scratchy.

No comments: