Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve Candlelight Service


The girls and I went to a Christmas Eve Candlelight Service at the Chapel here.

#1 -- I was shocked at how FEW turned out at this service. There weren't more than 15 families in the entire church.

#2 -- I was surprised at how very casual the service was. I guess I was a little disappointed, too. The Chaplain wore a Hawaiian print shirt for the service. I guess that is all part of the "Aloha Mentality" that I've come to LOVE like recognize here on the island.

Don't get me wrong.
I'm glad we went.

The message is the most important tonight of all nights.

Merry Christmas, everyone. I hope your day is special.

Merry Christmas, honey. I'm sorry you have to work all day and be where you are. Just know that we love you and miss you and we couldn't be prouder of you.

Thank you for your service and for your loyalty and your hard work. Thank you for taking such good care of us - even from the other side of the world.

Be safe.

1 comment:

CopterDrsWife said...

JillArmy, I read your husband's blog all the time! You're right - it IS a small world! Thank you for your comment!
~CDW