Saturday, December 09, 2006

Bah Humbug



The Christmas Party we've been planning for 2 months now?
SUCCESS.
DONE.

We had a decent turnout, good food, and a lot of fun activities for the kids, including a special visit from jolly St. Nick.

My ladies REALLY pulled together and put out a great party. I don't know what I'd do without them. They were fantastic.

Now... I wish I could just fast forward to like... say, February, so that we can be past all of the holiday hoopla.

The house is not decorated. There are no lights strung up outside. There is no Christmas tree inside. There are no big plans for turkey dinners with friends. Christmas shopping? Hmph. Notsomuch.

Getting into the holiday spirit has been impossible for me. I just keep thinking of hubby sitting in the desert doing what he's doing and I struggle. I think of the crap he's putting up with and stuff he's dealing with and I just can't find it in me to find the cheer that I need to be festive this year.

BAH HUMBUG.

No comments: