Friday, December 15, 2006

North Shore


It really is beautiful here in Paradise.

You know when you see postcards and photos in magazines of the beaches here and you think that surely the color of the water has been enhanced or something...

No. It really is that amazing.

And the various beaches on opposite sides of the island are even different. The water is different shades of blue and the sand is a different texture even. But the colors are just amazing.

It's nearly Christmas now and look how GREEN it still is. It was about 80 degrees today with a good breeze. This evening it rained a little bit and the wind picked up even more. Many people were complaining because they were SO COLD. It couldn't have been cooler than 70 degrees outside. I swear.

I was out in search of a unique Christmas gift and decided to go ahead and drive the couple extra miles out to the beach... Just for the view. I'm glad I did because it was a nice reminder (that I sorely needed) of how blessed we are to be here.

I'm still not in the Christmas spirit. I'm going to try and take Thing 1 and Thing 2 out this weekend to buy a Christmas tree. We'll see how that goes.

I've got to tell you - I'm about Christmas Partied out now... If I never see another sugar cookie again, it will be too soon. (Don't worry, honey - my parties are very G-rated... lots of kids, lots of cookies, lots of punch, and lots of "fun Christmas crafts.")

So... Tell me again...

Exactly how many popsicle stick reindeer do I need for this non-existent Christmas tree I have???

No comments: