Thursday, September 28, 2006

Time Stands Still









Before hubby left for the desert, I wondered how I would ever remember the time difference between here and there.

My guy is so sweet.

He brought home this clock that he kept on his desk at work, set it to Desert Standard Time, and gave it to me to keep on my desk here at home to help me keep track. (He's always doing things like this to 'square me away.')

At 5:17 pm today, my clock stopped.

AS IF TIME WEREN'T MOVING SLOW ENOUGH ALREADY!

Ironic story...

Someone far away asked me today, "What is the worst part of him being gone?"

My first thought was TIME... the days and nights go by too slowly... The calendar seems stuck on the same old month... The months ahead stretch on forever...

But then I realized, no... that's not the worst thing.

Worry.

I worry about him. Constantly.

Don't get me wrong.

I must sound like I spend all day holed up in my house pining away for my husband to return, with nothing to do but stare at the clock and the calendar.

No. I stay busy. My girls keep me busy with their various activities and my volunteer work is like more than a full time job at this point. I have a group of ladies I get together to scrapbook with at least once a month, neighbors who come hang out, and friends I meet for lunch or other outings. My phone rings constantly and there's always someone at the door.

I'm busy.

But no matter where I'm at or what I'm doing, whether I'm with friends or alone, whether I'm awake or sleeping, I worry about him.

I try not to read the newspapers. I try not to watch the news or visit the news sites. I really do. Honest.

But every now and then I'll get word of a story... and I just have to check it out. And then I worry MORE.


Little Treats

Hubby loves Slurpees, especially those gross Mountain Dew flavored ones.

So now, every now and then, the girls and I go out for Slurpees as a little treat... just for him.

Whoever invented these things... Thank you!



No comments: