Monday, January 21, 2008

I {heart} long weekends!



On an Army post, a Federal Holiday that falls on a Monday usually means we get to enjoy a 4-day weekend, the Friday being referred to as a "Training Holiday," or an "ADONSA." (A Day of No Scheduled Activities) (I swear if the Army could give me an acronym, they would.) Whatever. It's a day off. I am not going to argue it. If the holiday falls on a Tuesday, I guess it depends on the command as to whether they will schedule the Monday as the training holiday or not.

Anyhoo...

This past weekend was a long weekend. And I lurve long weekends. Don't you?

For us, it means sleeping late, and (this year) having hubby home. YAY!

3-D Puzzles are kewl. Thing 2 made this one. It's almost big enough to fit her inside of it. Almost, but not quite. (Not that I tried to fit her in it or anything...) [ahem!]

We also took a little time for this...
Because a long weekend wouldn't be complete otherwise.

How did you spend your long weekend?

~cdw

2 comments:

Butterfly Wife said...

There was a long weekend recently??? I guess I missed that. Actually I went and made my own and took this last Friday off. Looks like you had a good time. :D

CopterDrsWife said...

I remember when hubs was deployed, I DREADED long weekends. I hope you enjoyed your time off with your massage and pedi! You deserve it!