Thursday, January 18, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

I've been busy trying to find my way out of this dark place I've found myself in and haven't really been able to blog as I'd like... So I'm tryin' something new.

Thursday Thirteen...

Thirteen Things I Appreciate About Hubby...
(this will be a breeze)

1. Today I was reminded of how well Hubby takes care of me.

I mean, he provides everything I need. And he comes damn close to giving me everything I could ever want. (Ok. I'll admit it. I am spoiled... ROTTEN!)

Yesterday I was whining and complaining about the parking situation for the car. (That's an understatement. I was FUMING about it! And I just happened to get to chat with him as all this was happening. So he got an earful. Or an eyeful.)

My husband is a fixer. That's just his nature. If there's something wrong - especially where his family is concerned - he will do whatever he can to make it right. He will not stop until he makes it right.

By venting about the parking situation to him yesterday, I wasn't thinking about that fixer side of him. I was simply venting. It was a frustrating situation and I was upset.

Well, today my parking problem is solved. HE FIXED IT for me. I won't go into boring details, but I'll just say that I've got good parking and I'm thrilled. He did this from the other side of the world, while sitting in the middle of a desert. Seriously. One email and poof! FIXED. He's good like that.

2. Hubby always, always, always ends every conversation (by phone, email, chat, whatever) telling me that he loves me.

If we somehow get disconnected before he can do this, he will call me back or struggle to get back online until he can.

3. He is so sweet.

Every day (or pretty close to it anyway), there is either an email in my inbox or a letter in the mail from him... FULL of sweet nothings. I will treasure these forever.

4. He is so thoughtful.

He does things like sending me flowers for no reason, buying me big and little gifts just to let me know he was thinking of me, calling me throughout the day (before the deployment) just to hear my voice, doing silly things just to see me smile, he treats my family with such respect (especially my mom - and I swear she loves him more than she does her own daughter!). He picks up the slack ALL the time. If I'm sick, or busy, or justdon'twanna - no matter what the task is - he takes care of it so I don't have to.

5. He puts up with me.

6. He listens to me... and really hears what I say... and all I don't say.

7. He knows me better than anyone else does - and he loves me anyway.

8. He knows when to push me (to strive for something) and when to stand back.

9. He loves his job and is great at what he does - and he never stops trying to better himself.

10. On those days when he hates his job, he doesn't moan and complain and make everyone around him miserable. He puts on the brave face and just does what needs to be done.

11. He really cares about his soldiers. Really.

12. He loves to cook!

13. He loves to shop!

Boy... I could go on and on. The list would be endless.

I'm so blessed to have him in my life!

Thank you, honey. I appreciate all these things about you... and so much more!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only say this: TRUE LOVE :-)

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Great list, lucky couple.

Bubba said...

What a great hubby. And, guys, if you're reading this...why aren't YOU like this?

I tried to be this husband when I was married...and if I ever do marry again, I will be that husband again.

My list is up. Happy TT...and welcome!

Unknown said...

Yeah for hubby.. I love to hear about other wonderful dudes out there!