Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Comments

From hubby...

I am back at the FOB and all is as good as can be expected. Enjoyed a couple of rides in the best aircraft in the inventory. It sucks being a passenger now. I would much rather be back on flight status flying around everywhere any ole' day. Thank you everyone for the thoughts and prayers.
Love Ya Muchly Babe,
CopterDr


From a great friend
in an email she sent out to family and friends (referring to the "When Are You Coming Home" video posted below)...

We have a very good friend that is in Iraq right now. We sent him a care package for Christmas and we are hoping he will get it soon. His name is CopterDr and he left his wife, and their two daughters at home. One of the things my friend has done on her blog is put on the following video. It is a very moving video.

Would you do me a favor and watch it and then reply to this message with something for our friend? I will post it on their site. I am hoping to get several comments from all of you. I think CopterDr would really like it knowing that we are all supporting him and everyone that is fighting for our country.

Thank you so much,
Love,
Maureen

*********************************

CopterDr, I don't know you personally but I don't need to..to be proud and honored for what you are doing for so many people. I pray for your safe return home to your wife and your two daughters. I give my condolences and my heartfelt deepest sympathies to any of your fallen friends in combat. Fight the good fight and come home safely because you are loved, needed and appreciated. We are all very lucky for you and men and women like yourself who are willing to ly down their lives for the safety and help of another human being, country or area. Thank you for being you.

Love from a Family in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada, Damara, Jayda, Devyn and Wyatt

*********************************

This video is very moving. Whether it's a Canadian or American fighting for our freedoms, they must have our full and continued support. I know, I for one, do not think enough of the sacrific these young men and women do to keep us safe on both sides of our borders. Our prayers go out for the safe return of your friend CopterDr.

Your cousin,
Larry

*********************************

Please tell CopterDr, and anyone else who this reaches, that we are SO proud of him, and all the young men and women who are serving our country overseas. We know they are there voluntarily, protecting us here at home. This war is lasting much longer than anyone thought, and we are eternally grateful for their courage, their loyalty, and in too many cases, their lives!

As the wife of a Viet Nam veteran, I know how heartbreaking the separation is, how frightening the tour of duty is, and how joyful the homecoming is! I think about them all the time and pray for their safety and for their families.

We will NEVER forget!!

Love,

Ann

*********************************
Maureen,

Once again, you made me cry.

My nephew was in the Army Reserve and did his time in Iraq. Fortunately, he returned home to us safe and sound and has completed his duty to the US Army. We no longer have to worry that he will be sent over there again. However, I have a godson and a nephew that are both still on active duty in the Navy, so there is a chance that I will once again have immediate family in Iraq. Even though none of my blood family is in Iraq at the moment, I have thousands of extended family members there. You see, I consider each and every soldier that is over there a part of my extended family. My most sincerest and deepest wish is that each and every one of our extended family members makes it home safe and sound. I believe that I have the best family in the world (both blood and extended) and I couldn't be any more proud of any of them!!!! Please let your friends know that they are appreciated and that each and every member of my immediate family is so very proud of everything they do for us. PS ~~ ask that they share my family's best wishes and sincerest gratitude with all of the fellow soldiers.

Toni

*********************************
That was extremely touching! I could not hold back the tears.

Linda

*********************************
It made me very sad. They should all come home yesterday and be in readiness for any war that actually threatens our country, not one started by that idiot and his minions in the white house.

I don't expect you to pass on the comment.

love,
mom
*********************************

Watching the video makes you realize how interwoven we all are. Everyone knows or is related to some one who has or is now serving in the military. For some who do not live near a military base like I do (Fort Drum in New York) I can see how you would not notice all that is done by those in the military. As our guard was once down and we thought that it could not happen "here", we were taught a valuable lesson. Since that time we have come together as a nation and our military has picked up where our politicians had let us down. Do not let the politics of the evening news bring your spirits down! The real people of this great nation are behind your endeavor and pray for you all daily. Give no quarter, never forget those who gave all and keep watch over your brothers in arms. We all are proud of you!

Ordinary, average guy. (Old family friend of Matt's parents)

*********************************


Thank you - for your messages filled with good thoughts and support. You guys are the best!

No comments: